Ailish McGrath’s hypnotherapy, hypnosis and Mind Training based in Dublin can help with:
Using Hypnosis, Hypnotherapy, Pure Hypnoanalysis, Mind Training can treat the following:
On this page you will find a list of symptoms treatable by hypnotherapy + / or Mind Training in alphabetical order, including different names for the same symptom to help you with your search.
Hypnotherapy can generally help with any problem you’re finding hard to handle on your own, such as thoughts, attitudes and actions you would like to banish or acquire, and relief of any form of emotional and physical suffering.
Below you will find a list of symptoms, as well as a list of personal development goals that hypnotherapy can help you with. If your symptom is not featured on these lists, please contact us to double-check, as this list is not exhaustive.
I specialize in treating emotional and anxiety based difficulties; including but not limited to the following:
Classification of Problems Hypnosis / Hypnotherapy and Mind Training can help with:
Perhaps the greatest battle we face in life is the one within ourselves. The seemingly constant battle with our inner gremlins that tell us we’re too small, too weak, it’s just too scary, we’re not enough, and that there is something terribly wrong with us and the world we live in.
That battle can be won! We will work together to create a world of possibilities and opportunity for you….. a life beyond the limitations of fear and self-doubt .
Generally speaking almost all of our problems stem from unresolved emotional experiences and limiting beliefs (diet and environmental factors of course also play a part, and can aggravate a problem – but for the most part it is the unresolved emotional experiences and limitations that causes our symptoms).
That bottled up emotion is always trying to be released and as long as it is bottled up inside (without our conscious awareness of it) it will attempt to make its way out of our system by giving rise to various symptoms.
Regardless of the cause of our bottled up emotion and limiting beliefs we really only have three types of ‘symptoms’/problems:
1) Fears and Phobias. We can develop a fear of pretty much anything, and there are wonderful names for all types of phobias. But no matter which one (or many) you suffer from it is only the emotion in your system trying to get released that is the root cause of your problem. Along with how you think about and associate to the object/situation you are afraid of. Once the emotion is gone out of your system, and the belief challenged, so too will be your fear / phobia.
The fear or phobia can often be the driver behind other behavioural problems : for example you might smoke only when you’re feeling socially anxious , you might over eat only when faced with difficult decisions you’re fearful to make, you might only drink to excess when you feel fearful meeting someone, you might only stammer or blush when you fear you are being judged, you might only be impotent when there’s threat of redundancy in work etc
2) Physical Difficulties. Many physical ailments/conditions have their cause in unresolved emotional experiences e.g hives, skin irritations, kidney and liver failure, heart problems, blushing, panic attacks, over weight. In fact it is highly likely that there is an emotional component / contributory factor to at least part of all physical conditions.
3) Identifications. This is where you might take a job with a particular group of people or volunteer with some charity in order to work out your own unresolved emotional problems. It’s like if you help someone else you inadvertently help yourself. It becomes a problem when you are driven to help, or you sacrifice much of your life to help, instead of it being a conscious choice that you make.
So we can manifest a variety of symptoms (see below), all of which can be helped using hypnotherapy, as they ALL have the same cause – unresolved bottled up emotion and limiting beliefs.
- Acne (vulgaris)
- Acne (rosacea)
- Aggression / Aggressive behaviour
- Alcoholism (Addictions)
- Alienation, feelings of
- Allergy – Allergies
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Assertiveness, lack of
- Arthritis – pain control
- Bad Temper / Anger
- Binge eating
- Bladder problems
- Blood pressure (High & Low)
- Bruxism (Teeth grinding)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Childbirth (‘Hypnobirthing’)
- Childhood trauma
- Children, problems with
- Cluster Headaches
- Commitment phobia
- Concentration, lack of
- Confidence issues
- Coping with hair loss / balding
- Creativity issues
- Decision making, inability
- Dental Phobia
- Dermatology / Skin complaints / anti-aging
- Destructive patterns (relationship, behaviour, decisions)
- Discipline issues
- Divorce – trauma
- Dystonia / Muscle spasms
- Drinking (Addictions)
- Drug Addiction
- Eating Disorder
- Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB)
- Exam nerves
- Failure anxiety (Fear of failure)
- Family issues
- Fear of germs
- Fear of bridges
- Fear of dentists or dental treatment
- Fear of failure (Failure anxiety)
- Fear of flying
- Fear of being sick / vomiting
- Fear of heights
- Fear of needles
- Fear of public speaking
- Fear of spiders
- Fear of travelling
- Fear of … … and so on. (there are hundreds of phobias)
- Feeling emotionally fragile
- Feelings of alienation / Feeling distant
- Fetish, unwanted
- ‘Frigidity’, sexual problems
- Hair loss, coping with
- Hair pulling (unwanted habits)
- Headaches (tension headaches, migraine, cluster headaches)
- Hypertension / High Blood Pressure
- Inability to enjoy sex
- Inability ‘to be yourself’
- Inactivity / lack of motivation
- Infertility male & female
- Intimacy problems
- Intrusive Thoughts / Unwanted Thoughts and / or Images
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Lack of Confidence
- Lack of Discipline
- Memory improvement
- Memory retrieval
- Lack of creativity
- Lack of Motivation
- Muscle spasms / Dystonia
- Morbid thoughts / Unwanted Thoughts
- Nail biting
- Negative self image
- Negative self-talk
- Nervous Twitches
- MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Overactive Imagination
- Painful Experiences / Painful Memories
- Panic Attacks
- Performance (sexual, sports, work-related)
- Performance anxiety (speeches, sexual, sports, auditions etc.)
- Picking spots (unwanted habits)
- Premature ejaculation
- Pre-menstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Psoriasis / Skin problems
- Relationship problems
- Relaxation, inability
- Restless leg syndrome
- Lack of Self-control
- Lack of Self-esteem
- Sciatica – pain control
- Search for enlightenment (spiritual growth)
- Sexual issues
- Skin problems
- Smoking Cessation
- Social anxiety
- Social Skills, lack of
- Spiritual growth
- Sports and athletic performance improvement
- Teeth Grinding (Bruxism)
- Tension Headaches
- Thumb sucking
- Tinnitus / Ear Ringing
- Trauma / Painful Experiences and Memories
- Under eating
- Unwanted behaviours
- Unwanted Memories
- Unwanted thoughts or images
- Vertigo (fear of heights)
- Weight loss
- Writers block
- Acquire a Positive Attitude
- Become a better Parent
- Become a Positive Thinker
- Develop your Sense of Humour
- Discover your Potential
- Eat more Healthily
- Re-discover your inner child
- Increase your Confidence
- Increase your Patience
- Increase your Productivity
- Increase Sports and athletic Performance
- Discover Relaxation / General Relaxation
If you suffer from epilepsy, schizophrenia or clinical depression, you should consult your GP before approaching a hypnotherapist.
Is this therapy / approach for you?
- Are you open to and ready for change ?
- Are you committed to investing the time and resources needed to achieve what you want?
- Are you willing to accept you can change ?
- Are you willing to, with help and support, confront whatever it is that is holding you back ?
I guess the answer is YES or you wouldn’t be reading this section!
If you are wondering whether to pick up the phone right now and book your appointment, let me just ask you these simple questions:
- As you look forward into the future, what do you want the next year to look like?
- If you continue the way you are will you achieve what you want?
- How bad do things have to get before you decide it’s time to heal?
- Isn’t the best time now?
Imagine what would your life be like when you have overcome your problem……isn’t that worth investing your time, energy and money in?